The artist Renatė Lušis leads art therapy club "Modus Vivendi"
that is located in the Hospital for the mentally ill in Klaipeda. She says:
"Art therapy can add great harmony to life"

love needs no authority except itself
We trust that there is no such thing as no chance.

The things that we love tell us what we are
Saint Thomas Aquinas

2008-01-14

joy for survival

The word is that you are what you speak. The thought inspires indeed. Wow, I am what I say.
I awoke with the words on my lips:


- Scat, all dark thoughts!

The cheerful 'Good Morning!' stormed into my hospital ward. It was the time of the visitation. Doctor's welcome inquired of my health state today.
- The headache troubles me, the sweatiness worries - what to talk about the constant backache...

Am I what I talk?
The innocent Good Morning made me the inmate of my troubles. Had I any chance to escape the complaints?
I looked at my neighbor and the uneasiness has doubled. Jonas was bound to the sickbed for forty years already.

I looked at a window. The sun was shining outside. Jonas followed the direction of my eyes and he blossomed with a smile unexpectedly too - we both were smiling. We gave one other a bow. It was done heartily and that was funny. We have learned to look at our headache as at a shadow that witnesses the light. That is not the worshiping of the darkness but otherwise - the gratitude for being alive, the recognition of the light in most unexpected places - underfoot.



Dear readers, help me to forget my disability. Your remittance can enable me to purchase the materials that are the obligatory to make the pictures you can enjoy at the pages of our blog. Thank you for your generous support. My correct mailing address :

Liepu 25-31, Klaipeda 92139 Lithuania

Tomas Karkalas

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 comments:

  1. I do agree with the statement "You are the man of your word". For example, if you keep on lying, you will be known as liar. So, let's say "Be a man of your word".

    Have a great day ahead, Tomas :D

    Hye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, dear hye.
    Your comment blasts me of. It was so fine to understand that I was talking not only with with myself -
    Your comment is best reward I can dream about. That's the break trough silence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tomas...

    Just dropping by to say Hello and hope you are doing great :D

    Hye
    A Blog of Thoughts and Opinions

    ReplyDelete