The artist Renatė Lušis leads art therapy club "Modus Vivendi"
that is located in the Hospital for the mentally ill in Klaipeda. She says:
"Art therapy can add great harmony to life"

love needs no authority except itself
We trust that there is no such thing as no chance.

The things that we love tell us what we are
Saint Thomas Aquinas

2007-09-26

Our Victorelis

It was just accidental shot, but this feature made the photo doubly precious to me. I'm rejoicing not at my mastery to modify the view that was caught by my lens but the miracle of transformation that takes place in Modus Vivendi, art therapy club in the hospital for the people with psychiatric disorders (Klaipeda, Lithuania). Victorelis is not a model person. He is short and crooked man, who looks underfoot and dont attract girl's eye. But that is so until he knocks at always opened doors of the art therapy class. Victor becomes totally different person then. He identifies with the drawing, becomes the flowers that appear on his paper and everything else just cease existing.
Wow, what could attract us more than such silent vitality of the blooming earth?
It was no wonder, I just automatically took my camera and made the click you see below.

My quote:

"Beauty is all very well at first sight; but whoever looks at it when it has been in the house three days?
" William Shakespeare
"Love ceases to be a pleasure when it ceases to be a secret" Aphra Behn

2 comments:

  1. If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have aprophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, bso as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and dif I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
    Love is patient and fkind; love gdoes not envy or boast; it his not arrogant or rude. It idoes not insist on its own way; it jis not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, eendures all things.
    Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For now we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
    So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
    Keep up the good work!
    Grace and Peace,
    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ed, thank you for coming to Modus Vivendi blog and your precious comments.
    You wrote "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. (...)"
    Wow, the gospel as explains the mess we encounter now, as point to the outcome from our current situation. The faith, hope, and love are our medicine and the daily bread.

    ReplyDelete