The artist Renatė Lušis leads art therapy club "Modus Vivendi"
that is located in the Hospital for the mentally ill in Klaipeda. She says:
"Art therapy can add great harmony to life"

love needs no authority except itself
We trust that there is no such thing as no chance.

The things that we love tell us what we are
Saint Thomas Aquinas

2008-01-02

The beginning

The poem below was discovered by me while browsing through a web today. These verses talk out of itself . The verses portray state of mind that inhabits the hearts of many in the hospital where the art therapy club Modus Vivendi is located.
The poem looks like a bacground on which the artists build their colorful 'Hi!' - are trying to escape (to change the reality).
Time will show what we succeed to build on what was comprehended by us.


I Should Have Had Asked You to Dance
posted by homar murillo


I should have haPosted by homar murillo d asked you to dance with me,
But the beat seemed not right;
I should have had asked you to dance with me,
But the rhythmn seemed wrong;
I should have had asked you to dance with me,
But the melody seemed out of tune.

Oh, I could have had held your hands;
If only for a moment, I could have had felt your warmth;
The memory would have lasted a lifetime;
But my own hands were cold;
My mouth was dry and mute;
It was unable to utter the words it should have had told.

I was left dancing alone
In a crowd of people whose faces and names were barely known.

I should have had asked you to dance with me,
But the music was almost over.
Perhaps in another dance floor,
Perhaps if the songs were different,
Maybe then I would have the courage...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous02:09

    hey captain, thank you for appreciating and re-publishing my poem. i know all of us have regrets and longing for things that might have been. unfortunately, we seldom get second chances in life. happy new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem speaks volumes...

    Thank you for stopping by my blog fisherfamilysingers.blogspot.com

    May you and yours have a wonderfully, peaceful 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. this poem speaks about "I wish I could but I couldn't". In my opinion, this should not be the right opinion. We all deserve a chance, there's no right timing... if we think we should "dance with someone", then we should be dancing with him/her, ignoring any inhibitions. Life only comes once, so we should be doing what we think we should be doing, right?

    Hye
    http://spaceofreality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete