The artist Renatė Lušis leads art therapy club "Modus Vivendi"
that is located in the Hospital for the mentally ill in Klaipeda. She says:
"Art therapy can add great harmony to life"

love needs no authority except itself
We trust that there is no such thing as no chance.

The things that we love tell us what we are
Saint Thomas Aquinas

2007-09-26

Notebook of the disabled



It is easy to pull out thick tooth and the broken leg may be healed too. The modern medicine is quick to restore the order of the human flesh. Does it mean that the life became heaven on earth?

I put on my best suit and went out into the street. Wow, the day was sunny, everything around just sparkled - the light pictured a fabulous story. Just have a look. The roar of the cars mixed up with the scent of the flowers, has silenced, and the wind was piercing me with the unforgettable aroma. I step into awe. While watching TV, I was used to identify myself with each hero of the screen. That was easy to do, but everything looked otherwise in reality. I didn't hear any "to be or not to be", there were no aimless wandering too; all people were sparkling with joyful vitality. I felt myself a stranger to the people of the street, a tourist without a guide in the unknown world.

Who am I? The question was demanding. Am I one from the street (one of you), or the ghost?

I lifted my eyes up to the heaven and my look has discovered lots of closed windows that were drifting above the street. I wasn't alone. Lots of people were not accepted into the feast of a day.

The illness trouble us in various ways, but there is one common feature. Though the sickness has many forms and the hardships differ between, but all complaints have one in common. That's the recognition of self as a burden to our beloved and the world. Such feeling is the daily bread of people with psychiatric disorders. In case you have some belly problems or the alike disorders, the chemist's shop offers all cures that you feel need in to recover your health, but the world's generosity ends if you are feeling some psychiatric disorders. Rude address "You are a fool" typically replaces the medicine then and such outlook towards the one who have questioned himself "what for this play" hurts the most... The situation was dark until I faced a banner today











Let's change our outlook towards one other. Not all of us can be the boxing champions, as well as just few of us reaches the heights of the math an alike, but we all are brothers and sisters in spirit and we all walk under the same sky

......................................................

The DVD of my pictures was put on http://trans4mind.com/karkalas
I will greatly appreciate your help to share my pictures and maxims with everyone who is longing for the light. Have a look at my blog http://candleday.wordpress.com
You will have a good time there and your feedback will make my day.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about living as a burden to others - the burden of that. Unfortunately modern medicine is in fact very far from being able to cure or even effectively treat all bodily diseases. The success stories receive publicity from the medical world, not the failures - or the diseases not even being effectively researched because only a small number of people are affected by them. Taken together, however, they bring great suffering to millions. (Google, for example, NORD - the National Organization of Rare Disorders.)

    I'm in my fourteenth year of a progressive illness that by now has me semi bedridden. Life is rough, rougher for some than others, but as it looks to me you already know, there can be love and faith and peace even in the middle of all that.

    ReplyDelete